[MEAC ICANN] Second Middle East Space_Topics

Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi Hadia at tra.gov.eg
Sun Feb 11 11:24:58 EET 2018

Thanks Walid

Hadia

From: Walid AL-SAQAF [mailto:walid at al-saqaf.se]
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2018 11:25 AM
To: Tijani BEN JEMAA
Cc: Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi; MEAC ICANN
Subject: Re: [MEAC ICANN] Second Middle East Space_Topics

Hi all,

In relation to the chosen topic, you might want to check out this story on The Register https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/02/09/icann_whois_gdpr/ , which highlights the ongoing policy struggles that ICANN is facing. This week the European Commission sent out an official extensive reply to ICANN here:

https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/viola-to-marby-07feb18-en.pdf

You can tell that the required changes are rather fundamental and may require a lot of work by ICANN. It is quite a challenge given that GDPR will come into force in a few months.

Sincerely,

Walid