[MEAC ICANN] FW: [WebDebate] What is the potential of big data for diplomacy?

Fahd Batayneh fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Fri Feb 2 22:08:56 EET 2018

The below WeDebate might be of interest to some.

Fahd

Date: Friday, February 2, 2018 at 3:38 PM
Subject: [WebDebate] What is the potential of big data for diplomacy?

Is this email not displaying correctly?   View this email in your browser
WebDebate: What is the potential of big data for diplomacy?

Dear Alumni,

We invite you to join us on Tuesday, 6th February, at 12:00 UTC (13:00 CET) for our next WebDebate, when we will discuss the potential of big data for diplomacy.

Modern society is marked by data. Data is continuously-generated, from electronic devices; from messages, images and videos uploaded online; from drones scanning the ground and satellites orbiting the earth. It is now put to use in the private sector, where businesses grow in efficiency and effectiveness by using insights generated by big data. The question then arises: what is the potential of big data for diplomacy?

Diplo will be launching the report Data Diplomacy: Updating Diplomacy to the Big Data Era, which was commissioned by the Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. While the official report launch will take place on 8 February in Geneva, our WebDebate will serve as an opportunity to get a first glimpse of the findings – especially for those who will not be able to attend in person.

For this WebDebate, we are joined by Ms Barbara Rosen Jacobson (Programme Manager at DiploFoundation and the Geneva Internet Platform) and Mr Ossi Piironen (Policy Planning and Research, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Finland).

Register to reserve your place

Learn more about our series of WebDebates

Diplo's WebDebates Team