[ArabICANN] FW: ICANN News Alert -- Board Extends Term of ICANN President

Fahd Batayneh fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Tue Aug 5 00:17:35 EEST 2014

FYI…

Fahd Batayneh

ICANN

Sent: Monday, August 04, 2014 11:57 PM
Subject: ICANN News Alert -- Board Extends Term of ICANN President

 <http://www.icann.org/> ICANN

News Alert

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-4-2014-08-01-en

  _____

Board Extends Term of ICANN President

The ICANN Board has extended by two years the contract of President and Chief Executive Officer Fadi Chehadé. It will now run until 30 June 2017.

"As we noted in the Board resolution <https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2014-07-30-en> , taking this action will help ensure the stability in leadership that is important for ICANN," said Board Chair Dr. Stephen Crocker. "It also shows the support and confidence that the Board has in Fadi."

Chehadé's base salary will increase by 12.5 percent.

The Board resolution said, "The decision to increase Mr. Chehadé's compensation was done with recognition and acknowledgment of the work done by the Compensation Committee with Towers Watson to ensure that the increase recommended is reasonable and in line with comparable positions."

"I'm both humbled and honored by the Board's trust in me to lead this important organization at such a critical time," said Chehadé. "I'm glad to be able to expend my energy and passion towards ICANN's noble mission and great public responsibility. With focus, diligence and hard work, we will continue to evolve ICANN into a mature, global organization."

  <http://click.icptrack.com/icp/track.php?msgid=943235&act=MI8Z&r=25971199&c=165637>