[ArabICANN] ICANN Announces Top-Level Executive Changes

Baher Esmat baher.esmat at icann.org
Sat Jun 8 16:39:05 EEST 2013

http://blog.icann.org/2013/06/new-organizational-changes/
New Organizational Changes
by FADI CHEHADÉ on JUNE 6, 2013

It is with great pleasure that I share with you some exciting new
organizational changes that will be taking place at the start of the new
fiscal year on July 1, and which are part of my desire to increase ICANN¹s
focus on management at all levels.

To handle the tremendous increase in scale resulting from the New gTLD
Program, and to ensure ICANN¹s operational excellence, I am creating a new
division that will be called the Generic Domains Division (GDD). Akram
Atallah, who is currently the Chief Operating Officer (COO), will become
divisional President of the GDD that will include gTLD Operations, DNS
Industry Engagement, and Online Community Services.

Given Akram¹s transition, I¹m delighted to announce that Susanna Bennett, an
accomplished financial and operational executive in technology services,
will be joining us as the new COO. Susanna will help to deliver on ICANN¹s
agility, accountability and visibility that I discussed at ICANN 46 in
Beijing.
To provide coherence and leadership of our technical resources, I am also
creating a new position to manage Technical & Security Operations that will
report directly to me. This is an important commitment to our mission and
community, and we are very active in identifying candidates to fill this
critical role.
Since becoming President and CEO in September of last year, and as I
promised in Toronto at ICANN 45, I have made it a priority to
internationalize ICANN so key functions and top leaders are spread around
the world to accelerate effective and professional global management. I look
forward to ICANN 47 in Durban, taking place soon on 14-18 July, where I will
be able to introduce you to our new COO and expand on other significant
organizational changes taking place that will help us to mature ICANN,
reaffirm our commitment to the public interest and serve the growth of the
Internet.