[ArabICANN] FW: ICANN Newsletter -- 29 June 2012

Baher Esmat baher.esmat at icann.org
Mon Jul 2 23:54:10 EEST 2012

<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter
News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
http://www.icann.org/ Week ending 29 June 2012

________________________________
Announcements This Week
Following Public Comment Process, ICANN Board Authorizes .COM Contract, FY13 Operating Budget and Plan <http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-28jun12-en.htm>
After months of consultations, open public comment processes and discussion, the ICANN Board of Directors made several resolutions at its 23 June meeting.

New gTLDs: Root Zone Scaling Report <http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-27jun12-en.htm>
ICANN is publishing the report "Impact on Root Server Operations and Provisioning due to New gTLDs."

Outgoing CEO Praises Expansion of ICANN's International Community <http://www.icann.org/en/news/press/releases/release-25jun12-en.pdf>  [PDF, 287 KB]
Prague, Czech Republic… Rod Beckstrom, ICANN's President and Chief Executive Officer, today said that the organization he has led for the past three years has become dramatically more international in almost every way.

ICANN Extends Call for Expressions of Interest for 2012-2013 NomCom Chair-Elect <http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-23jun12-en.htm>
ICANN is extending the Call for Expressions of Interest for the 2012-2013 Nominating Committee Chair-Elect, announced on 16 May 2012, at http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-4-16may12-en.htm.

Digital Archery Suspended <http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-23jun12-en.htm>
Operation of the digital archery portion of the New Generic Top-level Domain Program has been suspended.

Upcoming Events
<http://toronto45.icann.org/>  14-19 October 2012: 45th International Public ICANN Meeting - Toronto <http://toronto45.icann.org/>

About ICANN
ICANN Bylaws <http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org <http://www.icann.org/> .

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015 <http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY13 Operating Plan and Budget <http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>